This is the Castle Creations Phoenix ICE 200 Brushless ESC. Welcome to the next generation of high voltage brushless speed controls from Castle Creations. Castle invented this class, and the Castle Phoenix ICE series is setting the standard. Phoenix ICE controllers offer incredible reliability and flexibility for aircraft applications and are raising the bar in the high voltage ESC market.
Data Logging: Ice also offers extensive data logging capabilities. The controllers are able to measure and record many parameters at sample rates that you choose between 10 samples per second and 1 sample per second.
Data points include:
- Battery Voltage
- Battery Ripple
- Battery Current
- Controller Temperature
- Controller Input Throttle
- Controller Motor Power Output
- Motor RPM
This data is stored directly in the controller and may be accessed once the run is over using the Castle Link USB adapter (sold separately) and Castle Link software (available free at castlecreations.com). The Max Log Size is 21,504 bytes, everything takes one byte except for motor rpm which takes two.
- Logging 'Battery Current' at only a 1 sample / second - 358 minutes of logging time (almost 6 hrs)
- Logging 'Motor RPM' at only 1 sample / second - 179 minutes of logging time
- Logging everything at only 1 sample / second - 44 minutes of logging time
- Logging everything at 10 samples / second - 4 minutes and 28 seconds
- Ready to fly out of the bag, but users can tap into serious computing capabilities by connecting them to Castle Link software using a Castle Link or Field Link programming card.
- Comprehensive heli feature set, including direct entry governor mode, auto-rotation with bailout, and soft start capabilities to protect your gearing.
- Opto isolated throttle cable helps reduce radio interference
- Full data logging capabilities. Measure amp draw, controller temperature, motor rpms, battery voltage and ripple and more. Take the mystery out of electric flight!
Dimensions (LxWxH): 3.9x2.0x1.2" (99x50.8x30.6mm)
Weight (without wires): 4.6oz (130.4g)
Max Amps: 200 Amps*
Max Voltage: 34V - 8S LiPo or 22 Cell NiMh/NiCd
*NOTE: Ratings are determined with a 5mph airflow on the ESC.